Official Submission Rules
1. Eligibility: Competition is open to legal residents of Western North Carolina (defined as within 50 mile radius of zipcode 28801) who are at least 13 years of age at time of entry. Entrants who are under 18 must obtain parental or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter. The $10 Fee for submission to Competition is non-refundable unless Event is cancelled by Producer (Bioflyer Productions, LLC). Competition is limited to first 15 paid entries and deadline for submissions is midnight March 18th. Previous 1st-3rd Place winners can not compete the following year. All proceeds after event costs are donated to Eblen Charities.
2. Prize Details:
1st Place Winner will receive $500
2nd Place Winner will receive $300
3rd Place Winner will receive $200
4th, 5th, 6th Place Winners receive $50 Gift Certificates
Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Producer. By participating in Competition, you grant Producer (Bioflyer Productions, LLC) the right to record, videotape and photograph your (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Producer and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of Winner’s personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
3. Submissions must not include or depict any of the following: obscenity as defined by state law, nudity, explicit sexual activity, illegal drug or alcohol use, violence, commercial products, unauthorized copyrighted or trademarked properties, including brand names and logos, private property, unless entrant has obtained a property release specific for uses specified herein, material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property rights, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, personal identifiable information, including but not limited to, license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses, and any other content, including but not limited to, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions, data, codes or programs that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by Producer in its sole discretion. Producer may modify or edit any Submission, or request entrant to do so, so that such Submission is in compliance with these Official Rules. Producer is not obligated to use, publish or display or broadcast any Submission.
4. All entrants, whether a Winner or not, agree that in consideration for entrance into this Competition, they are granting Producer, its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns, (a) the right, but not the obligation, to edit, adapt, reformat, rearrange, modify, combine with other material, add to and/or customize Submission; and (b) the non exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, right and license to exhibit, display, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform, create derivatives works of, distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, and or otherwise exploit, the Submissions, and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, including advertising, promoting and publicizing Producer, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without any additional liability, obligation or additional payment of any kind to entrant or any third party.
5. Select Submissions deemed suitable by Producer, in its sole discretion, may be posted on (“Website”facebook/youtube) throughout the Competition Period and thereafter. Entrants agree that Producer may post the Submissions, in whole or in part on Website including your first name and state of residence. Entrants also acknowledge and agree that Producer shall own all right, title and interest, including all copyright ownership, in any derivative works they may create from an element of Submission. All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Submissions”. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of Submission by Producer. Entry fees are non-refundable unless event is cancelled by Producer.
6. Winner Selection: There will be (6) Winners to be determined by Producer and Event voting. The Producer’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Competition. By participating in Competition, all Winners acknowledge that Released Parties have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winners (his or her parent/legal guardian if a Winner is a Minor) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, car, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prizes.
7. Use of Data. Producer will be collecting personal data about entrants online. By participating in the Competition, entrants hereby agree to Producer’s collection and usage of their personal information and acknowledge that they have read and accepted these rules. All information submitted by entrants is being provided to Producer and not to Facebook and/or YouTube.
8. Taxes. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Producer. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of the Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
9. Other Conditions. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Producer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Competition or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Producer’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, (b) the Competition or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Competition is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Producer. By participating in this Competition entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Producer; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; (d) acknowledge that Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or YouTube.
10. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Producer due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question.